Home Building Act Amendment Bill 2014
Need help with a Property Development issue?
Contact Ph: 02 9267 9800
Home Building Act Amendments coming
All property developers will be affected in some way under changes proposed to the Home Building Act.
Home Building Amendment Bill 2014
This Bill is currently before the NSW Parliament and proposes changes to many areas covered by the Act. Whilst the final form of the legislation is still uncertain, the following areas are proposed to be amended:
- Increased specification for contracts;
- Statutory warranties to be implied in contracts;
- New requirement that work be done “with due care and skill” (rather than “in a proper and workmanlike manner,” as at present);
- Licensing reforms;
- Changes to the regulation of Owner-builders;
- Amendment of discipline and dispute provisions;
- Amendment of the home warranty insurance provisions.
- Final Version of New Act
Once the legislation has been settled we will provide an update on those parts likely to be of most concern to property developers.
Suite 4 Level 5
580 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: +61 2 9267 9800
Fax: +61 2 9283 2553