We'll keep you posted!
The Law Society of New South Wales Continuing Professional Development
Update on Leases half day seminar (for lawyers)
Date: Friday 11 March 2016
Venue: Level 3, Law Society of NSW, 170 Phillip Street, Sydney
Warwick van Ede will be one of the speakers at this seminar. He will be covering the following topics:
- Penalties and Void clauses; and
- Managing Risks and Liability in leases.
For more details and how to register visit the Law Society of New South Wales website.
Television Education Network Webinar
Live Webinar: Commercial Leasing in New South Wales
Date: Tuesday 15 March 2016
Warwick van Ede will be presenting a 2 hour webinar covering the following topics:
- The commercial lease – key legal compliance requirements
- Disclosure obligations in commercial leasing
- Can a lease be entered into without a signed contract?
- Face rent v. effective rent – An effective market rent review clause
- What must you have “regard to” in rent reviews and what can be ignored?
- Stamp duty and commercial leases – what’s payable and what’s not
- Reevaluation of rent clauses - 122 Pitt Street Pty Ltd ACN 104 825 961 v Universal 1919 Pty Ltd (NSWSC)
- Can a lease be avoided because the lessor is not in compliance with the law? - Polish Club Limited v Gnych  NSWCA 321.
Visit the Television Education Network website for more details and how to register.
Churches + Property Seminar
Date: Wednesday 21 October 2015
Venue: St Anne's Ryde Anglican Church, 42 Church Street, Ryde
Warwick van Ede was a speaker at this seminar, covering the following topics:
- Development Options (dealing with your church heirarchy, sale/development/joint venture, getting the documents right & some potentia pitfalls);
Other speakers at the event covered the following topics:
- Practical Possibilities (The commercial deal - some possibilities, getting your site "in order", planning considerations - possibility and reality, a "mixed bag" of practical concerns);
- Design & Construction (project management, contractual matters, development issues, masterplanning).
For more details or to ask us a question read the overview of the seminar here.